Setup Guide

dmaib

Setup Guide

Post by dmaib »

I fired my Hxr up for the first time today and no sparks or smoke appeared. :D We still have some setup issues and I am wondering about the status of the setup guide for the Hxr? The Installation Guide tells us to be sure and program all of the serial ports and to get the instructions to do so from the setup guide. No setup guide on the website. Am I missing something?
David Maib
RV-10 N380DM
katieb

Re: Setup Guide

Post by katieb »

The HX setup guide will work for HXr because the wiring and settings are the same for HX and HXr. There may be a few newer features and items related to the remote radio stack that are not in there, but most of those are covered in the Equipment Supplements on the website for popular Compatible Equipment: Trig TT22 transponder, Garmin GTX327, GTX330, Garmin 430/530, and Radenna SkyRadar, so far. These go into detail about how to wire and set up both the device and the GRT display unit for those particular items. Right now they are on the Compatible Equipment pages, but I'm working on a centralized web page for all of our Supplements so they're easier to find. The idea is that you'll be able to download each one that pertains to your panel, use them to set up each item, and then put them into your instrument panel documentation binder with your wiring diagrams.

An updated General Setup Guide for both HX and HXr is on my short list of things to do.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008