Multiple GPS inputs question

kwiatkma

Multiple GPS inputs question

Post by kwiatkma »

Quick question. If I decide to have multiple GPS inputs. One a gnc 250 and the other a potential GRT WAAS GPS, what happens if one GPS isn't sending accurate data and the other is or they are off by a bit since the WAAS GPS will be more accurate. Do I need to have a GPS selector switch or does the HXr have some dual GPS input features or ????

Just weighing my options as I'm not happy with long GPS acquisition times on my old gnc 250.

Thanks!
saybeengineering

Re: Multiple GPS inputs question

Post by saybeengineering »

Once you wired your second GPS to the corresponding serial input, you will be able to name it GPS2 and it will be available on your display to select.....

Afif
Afif Saybe
LongEZ, HR-ATQ
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

Afif,

Thanks for the reply...funny we meet on the forum too! This is Matt who you've shared your panel ideas with! Good times!
Ali22

Post by Ali22 »

Hello all! What would be the trick to,have the Gmeter always display? Should I set the limits really low or ????

I think I've worked all the bugs out and I'm finally getting to enjoy the panel!

Also what is the location on the screen to look for the Gmeter information?
Clam

Post by Clam »

To find your answers in a concise way, go the GRT home page, look down the right side column labelled "New Features and Documents" for the post on 6/28/2013. It answers all your posted questions.
Jeff
RV-8 Memphis, TN (KFYE)
jb.flynavy@gmail.com
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

Thanks Clam...I found a ton of good stuff in the weekly features area!