Latest HXr update / problem with GTN650 Help...

1 Victor Fox

Latest HXr update / problem with GTN650 Help...

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

Ever since the last software update my HXr drops communication with my GTN650 15 minutes or so into the flight. A red GPS 1 Fail is annunciated on the Primary Flight Display. Happens every flight. Boots up fine, works for a bit, then they just stop communicating. No associated serial warning either. Stumped. :cry:
Bobturner

Re: Latest HXr update / problem with GTN650 Help...

Post by Bobturner »

I would suggest you re-load the old software. Does the problem go away? Again re-load the new software. Does the problem return? If so then the issue is almost certainly in the new software, and you should then press GRT to look into this. Make sure you start from scratch, down loading the software from the web site. Maybe you just got a bad down load??
You didn't mention this, but I presume the GTN gives no error messages?
15 minutes is a very long time. You might also try running the avionics with the engine off (no vibration), see if it still fails after 15 minutes.
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

Thanks for the reply Bob. I will try your troubleshooting steps. The GTN does not have any errors at all and has always functioned normally. Where would I find the previous software version? The GRT web pg only has the latest one. ( I see now that a good habit would be to keep both on your USB stick).
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

Turns out I have an Arinc issue--unit is in for repair.