CO Guardian Interface

psychose

CO Guardian Interface

Post by psychose »

Hi,

Just installed the 452 model with RS-232 communication to/from the EFIS. The EFIS recognizes the CO Guardian.

Other than the 12v power, GNDs and the two RS-232 wires, the CO Guardian unit has three other wires: Set/Reset wire, CO relay wire that is connected to 12v power, and Audio output wire.

Questions: Are any of these wires connected to the EFIS? Is the Set/Reset function available through the EFIS? How do I access it? Do I need to connect the Set/Reset wire to the EFIS to do this?

Is the CO Guardian Audio output wire to be connected to the EFIS? Does the EFIS generate a warning tone in case of CO detection by the Guardian unit?

thanks,

Normand RV8 engine/avionics/finishing
GRT_Jeff

Re: CO Guardian Interface

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The Test/Reset function is available on the EFIS in the CO Guardian Status page in Display Unit Maintenance. The EFIS will offer a RESET option when displaying the alarm menu.

The audio wire can be connected to an audio panel. The EFIS does not have any audio inputs, and the audio outputs aren't programmed yet. If the alarm goes off in the current software, you will get a "Cab CO" or "CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) LEVEL UNSAFE (nnn PPM)" message flashing on the screen. If you have a warning light connected to the EFIS, it will flash like any other alarm. Until the audio alert software is ready, the only audio option is to connect the CO Guardian audio wire to your audio system.
psychose

Post by psychose »

thanks Jeff.

In the CO Guardian setup menu, the fol option is available:

Location, PID: 1 (or 2), 0000 .

What does this refer to? What difference does entering 1 or 2 make?

Also there are blanks for the model number and serial number, bust as far as I can tell the software will not let me enter data here.

Any plans to make this functional in future software versions?

thanks again

GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The "Location, PID" selection is only used when you have more than one Life Guardian model. It selects which Life Guardian to display data from on that page.

The model/serial number information is data that can be received from the CO Guardian. The CO Guardian does not continuously transmit this information, and only a few models send it. It may only transmit the model/serial number at power up. You can try doing a Test/Reset to see if the data shows up.
psychose

Post by psychose »

Ok, that clarifies,

Thanks!