G, Time, and Other Attributes

bd4c

G, Time, and Other Attributes

Post by bd4c »

I need a means to do basic functions, such as:

- Lap and trip times, general timer (usual VFR tasks)
- G metering

I was looking at the Fight Data Systems GT-50 to do this, but if these functions are in HXr (and simple to leverage in-flight), then this would be preferable.

Thoughts?
Bobturner

Re: G, Time, and Other Attributes

Post by Bobturner »

The HXr can display a g meter.
The logbook page will show trip times.
If you have the EIS it has a general timer (mine comes on every 30 minutes as a 'switch tanks' reminder).
bd4c

Post by bd4c »

Fair point. Had not thought of the EIS. Thx!
jnewsum1

Post by jnewsum1 »

The EIS has an Engine Hour Meter and Flight Timer that I find useful. You can have these values displayed in your electronic "Check List" by embedding
their codes in the check list text (item FLIGHT TIME - %23% and item HOURMETER - %21%). I have them displayed in my "Engine Shutdown checklist so
I can record them prior to shutting off the Battery Master switch. Caveat: If you use an RPM setting greater that 0 to start the timer, the Hourmeter will
report lower engine operation time than a conventional Hobbs meter.
These functions are described in Section 7.11 and 10.1 from the EIS manual (Rev L).

7.11 Tim-RPM (Hourmeter & Flight Timer RPM Threshold)
This entry controls the RPM that will activate the Hour Meter and Flight Timer. While the engine RPM displayed by the
EIS is less than the entry on this page, the hourmeter and flight timer will not advance. Setting this entry slightly above the
power setting used for taxi will more accurately measure the actual flying time, and will more closely match the tach time.
Setting this entry to zero will allow the hourmeter and flight timer to run whenever the engine is running.

10.1 Flight Timer
At power-up of the EIS, the flight timer shows the length of the previous flight in hours and minutes. This makes it
easy to recall the last flight time if power is turned off to the instrument before the time is noted. This time will be
displayed until 3 minutes into the next flight, at which time it will be replace with the length of the current flight in
hours, minutes and seconds. It is especially useful for measuring the progress on cross country flight since it never
forgets to start! For those who forget to wear a watch, and who don’t have a clock or a GPS, this timer can be handy
for navigation purposes also!