Fuel Consumption (not Flow) + RPM

bd4c

Fuel Consumption (not Flow) + RPM

Post by bd4c »

I have both the 6000 EIS and the HXr:

The ULPower 520is reports four fuel consumption outputs which are not related to the fuel flow rate. These reports are, one per ECU (and there are two ECUs):

Fuel consumption (Injector pulse): Output is a duty cycle. 100% is equal to 72l/Hr.
fuel consumption (pulses/litre): 72l/Hr = 170Hz (170 pulses/sec).

Here is the RPM:

RPM signal (3 pulses/ rev. 0 – 9V)

Where should these be connected on either the HXr (I have two) or the EIS, and which is preferred as the input type?
bd4c

Re: Fuel Consumption (not Flow) + RPM

Post by bd4c »

Important new clarification after discussing with ULPower:

Since I have a constant speed prop, the reported fuel consumption rates from the injectors is not accurate. Hence, one needs a fuel flow sensor at the inlet and the outlet of the engine, and the difference is consumption. Does GRT have any recommendations on supportable flow meters serving this purpose?
GRT_Jeff

Re: Fuel Consumption (not Flow) + RPM

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Those types of inputs have to be wired to the EIS and the EIS has to have the right hardware and software to support them. The RPM pulse can be wired to the Tachometer input 1. The pin and configuration are in the manual.

Fuel flow measurement requires the fuel flow (FF) option in the EIS and one or two sensors. We sell the EI FT-60 "Red Cube" sensor and it is available in a package with the EIS FF option if you need it. Measurement of the return fuel flow may require a hardware and/or software change to your EIS and it requires an additional sensor. For more information you should contact Eric (EIS/engine monitor tech and support) or Jon (EIS orders) by phone or by e-mail to support@grtavionics.com.