HXr AHARS issue

yoloflyer

HXr AHARS issue

Post by yoloflyer »

I’ve been enjoying the new HXr display that I installed last month. Whereas my Sport SX would usually take 2 minutes to align after pressing OK the HXr has been aligned by the time the OK softkey appeared. Though my Mini AP is even faster.

Until today. Suddenly this morning it started requiring 5 or 6 attempts of 1 minute 30 seconds after an initial failed attempt of 2 minutes, for the AHARS to align. I tried booting the display several times today with the same result each time. The HXr AHARS shares a digital magnetometer with the Mini; per installation instructions the Mini powers the magnetometer since it has the optional internal backup battery. Once the AHARS does align everything seems to work fine.

Thoughts?
GRT_Jeff

Re: HXr AHARS issue

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The alignment would take longer if there were too much noise/vibration in one of the inputs or gyro data. Since they are sharing the same magnetometer the heading data doesn't seem to be the problem, unless the HXr AHRS has lost the magnetometer signal. Make sure "EMAG" appears on the Gyro Heading line on the HXr AHRS Maintenance page. Is the engine running during this time, and if so is it producing more vibration than usual?

On the STATUS inset you can see what gyro has not aligned yet. You can also check the AHRS Maintenance data to see if the gyro and accelerometer data is stable. The unaligned gyros may be changing value a lot during alignment but they should be settling down over time.