Use VP-X Trim and Flap Position Data

bd4c

Use VP-X Trim and Flap Position Data

Post by bd4c »

How do I set up the HXr to use the VP-X trim status/position and flap position data? This is clearly shown on the VP-X page, but:

1) How does this get displayed on the MFD? The manuals note that if the trim is attached to the EFIS directly, then this is displayed automatically. What about when the trim is through the VP-X?
2) How does the pitch trim get calibrated in respect to the EFIS' AP settings? Pitch AP errors expecting calibration, for which there is no obvious means to perform, as the pitch trim servo is controlled by the VP-X.
Last edited by bd4c on Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Use VP-X Traim and Flap Position Data

Post by GRT_Jeff »

1. If the EFIS receives flaps or trim status from the VP-X it will automatically display the indicators. The indicators will appear on the VP-X page and to the bottom right of the airspeed tape on the PFD page. Note that on the PFD, the G-Meter is displayed in the same place as flaps/trim and the G-Meter takes priority. If you have the G-Meter configured to always display, you won't see the flaps/trim indicators.

2. The GRT autopilot pitch servo has a torque sensor to alert you to adjust the trim. The calibration function for this torque sensor is in the A/P Maintenance page and is called "Pitch Trim Calibration". This is in the Autopilot Installation and Setup Guide Rev B page 21.
bd4c

Re: Use VP-X Traim and Flap Position Data

Post by bd4c »

Thanks Jeff. Looks like the indicators now show correctly when G is set to "Auto".
bd4c

Re: Use VP-X Trim and Flap Position Data

Post by bd4c »

Jeff, is there a way to set an audio flap down alarm as speed approaches Vfe? I don't see an obvious setting and I don't see anything in the documentation.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

No, we don't have an alert for that.
bd4c

Post by bd4c »

Please add to customer feedback for a feature change. Dynon has this feature, and I am sure others as well. To me, this is table stakes.

Table 15: https://dynonavionics.com/public_html/y ... _v15_3.pdf