EIS Configuration and download

gdtrfb58

EIS Configuration and download

Post by gdtrfb58 »

I can't seem to find the documentation on the configuration of the EIS on the HXr.
How do I download EIS data to the USB drive? Does this need to be done in advance or can I retrospectively retrieve the data?
GRT_Jeff

Re: EIS Configuration and download

Post by GRT_Jeff »

First, if the EIS has never been configured, it must be configured through its own display/button interface. See the EIS manuals for setup instructions. If the EIS is not mounted in the panel, configure everything except the alarm limits and display pages. The alarms and graphics on the HXr are independent.
EIS Manuals

Then you can configure the HXr. Look for the latest HXr Graphical Engine Display Setup manual in the Horizon Manuals section of our web site.
Horizon Manuals

The HXr does not have any internal recording of data, so you will need to activate a USB recording feature when you want to record data. The most common way to do this is with the DEMO RECORD function. Connect a USB flash drive to one of the USB ports. From one of the main function pages, such as the PFD page, push the MORE button, then DEMO, then RECORD. When you are done recording, push MORE, then DEMO, then STOP. At that point the data will be saved to the flash drive. Do not turn off or reboot the display before pushing STOP and waiting for the data to save. Any data not saved properly is lost. Files starting with the word "DEMO" are saved to the USB flash drive with either a sequence number or the date and time. Our "EIS Log" program for Windows can view the engine data and export it to text or CSV files for spreadsheet analysis.
EIS Log in Misc Software

If you want to record data to your USB flash drive automatically, you can set up the automatic start/stop in the SET MENU, General Setup, DEMO Settings page.

On that same page you will find our new USB Flight Data Logger function, which is only available in HXr software version 2 or higher. It saves a subset of data at the configured intervals directly to a CSV file on the USB flash drive. Version 2 does not include a header for the columns, so let me know if you plan to use this function.