ADSB Display

Rob Henderson

ADSB Display

Post by Rob Henderson »

What is the definition of the green ADSB 0, ADSB 1 on the display?
Are there others?
Thanks
-Rob Henderson
330drvr

Re: ADSB Display

Post by 330drvr »

That is a new feature that shows how many ground stations the ADS is in contact with.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS
Rob Henderson

Post by Rob Henderson »

Is any of this documented anywhere?
jclark

Post by jclark »

The Release Notes mention this addition.

"Count and display# of ADS-B Ground Stations"

They used to display just the word "TRAFFIC".

I, and I presume others, requested the letters "ADS-B" when appropriate and requested adding the number of ground stations.

This was very helpful when I was doing a lot of the ADS-B field testing.
The data field will expand to display a double digit number of stations.

James
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

One more detail. The number is based on the weather data, which includes a ground station reference. The traffic information does not report the ground station. If the ground system is not sending traffic to you for any reason, but still sending weather, the number may not represent actual traffic availability.
dmaib

Post by dmaib »

GRT_Jeff wrote:One more detail. The number is based on the weather data, which includes a ground station reference. The traffic information does not report the ground station. If the ground system is not sending traffic to you for any reason, but still sending weather, the number may not represent actual traffic availability.
So, do we have anything that tells us that we have good traffic information?
David Maib
RV-10 N380DM
dmaib

Post by dmaib »

dmaib wrote:
GRT_Jeff wrote:One more detail. The number is based on the weather data, which includes a ground station reference. The traffic information does not report the ground station. If the ground system is not sending traffic to you for any reason, but still sending weather, the number may not represent actual traffic availability.
So, do we have anything that tells us that we have good traffic information?
Apparently not?
David Maib
RV-10 N380DM
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately, no, not that I'm aware of. The ADS-B link does not report the health of the traffic system and whether or not it sees you. We can report whether or not you are seeing any traffic from each band (UAT and 1090-ES), but not how complete the traffic data is.
jjhoneck

Post by jjhoneck »

Anything that would give us ANY indication of when the Horizon is supposed to be displaying traffic would be help.

Right now, we have no way of troubleshooting the system, which is wildly sporadic, in my installation. If we knew when the HXr was actually receiving data from (for example) the SkyRadar, we would know to expect to see traffic displayed, and be able to draw conclusions if/when no traffic was displayed. Currently, the only way to troubleshoot it is to cross-check it with a tablet/ADS-B receiver combo.
--
Jay Honeck
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Jay, what are you using for ADSB-out? If nothing, then traffic is sporadic. It's the nature of the system.