Get Georeferenced Plates

Nikolaos

Get Georeferenced Plates

Post by Nikolaos »

I have been unable to get plates on either of my two HXr screens. I think the problem might be the naming of the directories in the USB stick.

The GRT supplement says to create a directory named GRTCHARTS, however, the Seattle Avionics software creates its own directory and doesnt use the one I created. I tried renaming and moving files to no avail.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Niko
330drvr

Re: Get Georeferenced Plates

Post by 330drvr »

The folder GRTCharts is only used to tell the download manager what account is being used. Nothing will transfer into it.

The file name that downloads from Seattle Avionics is the one you should be using.

Also the flash drive has to be in place before powering up the HXr. If you want charts on both HX'rs, you will need two flash drives.
Last edited by 330drvr on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS
Nikolaos

Post by Nikolaos »

Thanks for the info. I will try again this weekend.
dmaib

Post by dmaib »

I just subscribed and went to the Seattle Avionics site and downloaded Lo altitude IFR charts to my Macbook following the instructions carefully. When I opened the zipped file, it had over 80,000 separate Lat/Lon numbers. Two of each. One was a .png and the other was a Lo Res .png. No sign of the files the website indicated I should see. Downloading all of those Lat/Lon's to the thumb drive will take around 8 hours. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong here?
Additionally, when I tried to download the VFR sectionals, I got an error message stating that the zipped file could not be found on the server.
David Maib
RV-10 N380DM
katieb

Post by katieb »

Hi David,

It is normal for the files to take 8 hours or more to transfer to your USB drive. If you have a USB 3.0 drive, the time will go faster. Let it transfer the downloaded files to the USB stick into the folder you created when you followed their Mac directions, and see what happens.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but if you can borrow a PC and use the Seattle Avionics Data Manager, it would be easier. Mac users are at a disadvantage with Seattle Avionics. I don't have any experience with the Mac manual download, so the only thing I can say is to follow their Mac instructions and hope for the best. You might be able to find more information on Van's Air Force as well-- there was a thread a little while back about download troubles from a Dynon user but it had some good information in it. (VAF is down right now, or I'd look it up myself...)

By "server," was your MacBook referring to the Seattle Avionics server for initial download? If so I'd get in touch with their tech support-- 1.425.806.0249 or support@seattleavionics.com. If you can't get a hold of them, please email me at katieb@grtavionics.com.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
dmaib

Post by dmaib »

Thanks Katie. I will try the data manager on a PC. I was referring to the server at Seattle Avionics and I have put in a request for their tech support.
David Maib
RV-10 N380DM
gdtrfb58

Post by gdtrfb58 »

The GRT will NOT recognize a PNY USB Stick (even when FAT32). Sandisk is apparently preferred. (I successfully used some unbranded smaller USB drives to load software or capture DEMO files, but the PNY didn't work for the Seattle Software)