Sectional Chart (Seattle) View

gdtrfb58

Sectional Chart (Seattle) View

Post by gdtrfb58 »

I successfully downloaded the Seattle charts and the GRT loaded them on start up (First try was using a PNY USB Stick which would not work, even after FAT 32 re-formatting. Works fine with Sandisk out of the box.)
When I go to Map view and select "Chart" and choose "Sectional", I see the Sectional (Great display!) but I lost both Insets. The softkey to configure each Inset is still visible but no Inset is present and pressing the key does nothing.
Also, is there a split screen option for PFD/Map? I don't see it on any screen.[/list]

Looking forward to a new system version where Sectional can be the background with weather overlay.
Widget

Re: Sectional Chart (Seattle) View

Post by Widget »

When I go to Map view and select "Chart" and choose "Sectional", I see the Sectional (Great display!) but I lost both Insets. The softkey to configure each Inset is still visible but no Inset is present and pressing the key does nothing.
Also, is there a split screen option for PFD/Map? I don't see it on any screen.
You should be able to still have the MAP with the INSET boxes. Are you saying you have them until you select CHARTS on MAP options? If they are showing on other MAP pages they should show with the CHARTS selected.

Also, as to the split screen, whatever MAP you are viewing using MAP OPTIONS will display on the SPLIT, or any other MAP page. To get to the SPLIT screen, go to SCREEN, PFD OPTIONS, SPLIT and you will get the screen below.

You can make this the default screen in the SETUP menu.

Holler if you have any questions..
Jerry "Widget" Morris
gdtrfb58

Post by gdtrfb58 »

You should be able to still have the MAP with the INSET boxes. Are you saying you have them until you select CHARTS on MAP options? If they are showing on other MAP pages they should show with the CHARTS selected.

exactly! I have the insets on all Map screens, but when I switch to "charts" the insets disappear. The softkeys for inset are visible, but pressing them does nothing.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

When you switch to charts, are you also switching to NORTH UP? The insets aren't currently displayed on the north up view because they block so much of the screen, and on the north-up view you could be heading toward the inset box.
gdtrfb58

Post by gdtrfb58 »

That's it! Thanks.