Off-line Flight Planning

rickf

Off-line Flight Planning

Post by rickf »

I know you can already create flight plans on the PC and upload them to the Hxr via the USB stick. Can you also do that from an Android phone/tablet using something like Avare or Foreflight, and then upload via Bluetooth?
GRT_Jeff

Re: Off-line Flight Planning

Post by GRT_Jeff »

You can manage flight plans in our "GRT Remote" app over Bluetooth (our app is only on our web site at this time). The Naviator app can upload over Bluetooth. We are looking at integration with Avare. We might be able to work with ForeFlight some day, but it will have to be over WiFi.
jclark

Post by jclark »

GRT_Jeff wrote:You can manage flight plans in our "GRT Remote" app over Bluetooth (our app is only on our web site at this time). The Naviator app can upload over Bluetooth. We are looking at integration with Avare. We might be able to work with ForeFlight some day, but it will have to be over WiFi.
Jeff what really would be great is integration with WingX.

Several of us use Wing because the ADS-B receivers that work with it, also work with the GRT EFIS'es!!

Of the "Big Three", <Foreflight, WingX, Garmin Pilot>, WingX is the ONLY one whose REQUIRED receiver shares data in a manner that is available to the EFIS.
James
deej

Post by deej »

I'll put in another vote for WingX, for the same reasons James has stated.

No interest in Avare or Foreflight.

-Dj
jpfli

Post by jpfli »

I'll put in yet another vote for WingX, echoing the comments by DJ and James.
Widget

Post by Widget »

Another WingX vote. Since Foreflight will only talk to Stratus ADSB receivers, it's virtually worthless with any of my equipment.
Jerry "Widget" Morris
katieb

Post by katieb »

Yes, you can load our free app to flight plan offline, and then transfer it into the HX, or HXr via a Bluetooth connection. We will be developing an interface to Avare also, but that is not available today.

Thanks
Greg Toman
jpfli

Post by jpfli »

Yes, you can load our free app to flight plan offline, and then transfer it into the HX, or HXr via a Bluetooth connection.
Hi Greg:

Can you provide detailed instructions on how to load "your app" to flight plan offline and the URL for flight plan offline?

Thanks
John
deej

Post by deej »

jpfli wrote:Can you provide detailed instructions on how to load "your app" to flight plan offline and the URL for flight plan offline?
Hi John,
Take a peek at

http://www.grtavionics.com/grtremote.html

-Dj
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

rickf wrote:I know you can already create flight plans on the PC and upload them to the Hxr via the USB stick. Can you also do that from an Android phone/tablet using something like Avare or Foreflight, and then upload via Bluetooth?

Rick,

How do you plan on the PC? Can you do custom waypoints? I started another thread before I read this one....my flight plan would maybe include one airport! The rest of the waypoints would be custom lat/long coordinates.