Avidyne IFD540 works with HX?

tommylewis

Avidyne IFD540 works with HX?

Post by tommylewis »

Has any other GRT customer replaced their Garmin 530W with an Avidyne IFD540? Have you had any issues with it working with your HX? Considering an upgrade and would like any pireps from other HX users.
tommylewis

Re: Avidyne IFD540 works with HX?

Post by tommylewis »

OK, I did replace my Garmin 530W with an Avidyne IFD540 and it works well with my HX. Just photo the config pages of the 530 and when you power up the 540 go into the maintenance mode and use those config pages to setup your 540 and it will work great with the HX.

Stein is taking 430s and 530s in on trade for the Avidyne 440 and 540. It is Christmas time so upgrade your gps now.
Ivan Kristensen

Post by Ivan Kristensen »

I am in the midst of doing this upgrade as well, mine will be from a 430W to an IFD440. I would be very interested to know if you opted for the WiFi/BT option with the keyboard and if so how you like it? I use an iPad mini with Fltplan Go and I understand that this app with interface with the IFD440.
Ivan Kristensen
RV-10 C-GMDV
Home base (CYKF) Waterloo Regional, Ontario Canada
tommylewis

Post by tommylewis »

Ivan, I have tried the wifi, just to see if it works and with Foreflight. Found all that was supported was to move flightplan from 540 to Foreflight in the current software version. I did not buy the keyboard. It is a very nice radio. There is a very good book titled "Flying with the Avidyne IFD" that will make the transition easier.