Using ADS-B GPS as GPS1 (added in 6c)

revenson

Using ADS-B GPS as GPS1 (added in 6c)

Post by revenson »

In HX software 6c, one of the additional features is to: "Add the ability to use the GPS attached to an ADS-B receiver as GPS1 or GPS2"

Does this also mean that the GPS from an ADS-B receiver can be configured as the GRT 'internal' GPS and thus use the GRT internal flight plan procedure? This would be a welcome enhancement.
Bobturner

Re: Using ADS-B GPS as GPS1 (added in 6c)

Post by Bobturner »

I believe the answer is yes. I have a Skyradar D2 and with the new software set up the Skyradar's gps shows up as gps2.
revenson

Post by revenson »

Bob: So are you using the flight planning feature within the GRT with your ADSB gps as the position source?
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

In all honesty I have not tried it. I usually put flight plans in the G420 and transfer them over. All I've done so far is to turn off the 420, select gps2, and verify that the moving map was working on the HX. That's why I qualified my answer.
revenson

Post by revenson »

Ok thanks Bob. I hope GRT will jump in and answer.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Yes, you can configure any GPS input to use the internal flight plan with the SET MENU, General Setup, "GPS1 Flight Plan Source" and "GPS2 Flight Plan Source" settings. If you set one of these to Internal, then the EFIS will use its own internal flight plan when that GPS is selected. This works with any GPS including those in ADS-B receivers.

A customer recently discovered a problem with the ADS-B GPS input function where the magnetic variation is not set correctly. This will be corrected in the next software update.
revenson

Post by revenson »

Thanks Jeff, that clarifies it for me.