V 7 ... audio alerts ...

Bobturner

Re: V 7 ... audio alerts ...

Post by Bobturner »

1. I assume you meant B24, not 42.
2. There are two volumes that need to be set via the main menu, one for 'chimes', one for voice alerts.
3. Don't know what audio panel you have. Sometimes they float the ground for improved (less) noise. You may need a ground wire from B25 to your aux input ground on your audio panel.
Ivan Kristensen

Post by Ivan Kristensen »

Yes, of course, I meant the B-24 pin. Sorry!! The audio panel is a PS Engineering PMA 8000BT. I will the check the volume to make sure it is set for both. Thx.
Ivan Kristensen
RV-10 C-GMDV
Home base (CYKF) Waterloo Regional, Ontario Canada
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

For lowest noise run the ground wire from B25 (Hx) to the LO pin (PS) corresponding to the input you used. I think (but am not certain) that it should work without this wire, e.g., the PS low is also connected to aircraft ground(?).
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

I also see that PS unswitched #3 has a volume control accessed via the bottom of the PS box. You may need to pull the PS out of the rack to make sure this volume control is not turned all the way down. So you need to have the volumes turned up in three places: GRT tone volume, GRT voice volume, and PS #3 (thru hole in bottom) volume.
Ivan Kristensen

Post by Ivan Kristensen »

I will check this out tomorrow and post my findings here. Thx.
Ivan Kristensen
RV-10 C-GMDV
Home base (CYKF) Waterloo Regional, Ontario Canada
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Ivan Kristensen wrote:So I have installed the audio alert file, HX version 7 installed, made sure the alert were turned on, checked the wiring and confirmed unswitched audio 3 hi on my audio panel is wired to B-24 on the MFD but still no audio.. What am I missing??
Does the audio panel input have a separate ground connection? If it does, and it's not connected, use pin B-25 for audio ground. For testing, every time you change System Volume, you should hear the warning tone and the Oil Pressure audio file.
hplevyak

Post by hplevyak »

Jeff,
Is there an audio alert available for the CO Guardian. I'm installing the 353P-201 model this week, and integrating via the RS-232 serial port 8 this week. http://www.guardianavionics.com/aero353prm.html

I'd like to setup the audio alert for this if available.

Also, the CO Guardian also comes with a Cabin Pressure Alert (Built in Pressure Sensor provides cabin pressure altitude warnings at 10K, 12.5K, and 14K feet). Can you recommend on how I can wire this alert into my GRT HX EFIS as well?

Thanks,
Howard
Attachments
353P_201 Schematic.pdf
(105.54 KiB) Downloaded 4253 times
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EFIS has alarms for all the CO Guardian alerts, and every unique alarm can have its own audio file using an internal alarm number.

For the CO Guardian, these alarms are available:
alarm0121.wav -- CO Guardian Unit Failure (the unit is reporting an internal hardware failure)
alarm0122.wav -- Carbon Monoxide Level Unsafe
alarm0123.wav -- Cabin Pressure Unsafe

The Life Guardian also has this alert:
alarm0124.wav -- Life Guardian periodic reminder to check bio data

That's a zero between "alarm" and "1".
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

hplevyak wrote: Also, the CO Guardian also comes with a Cabin Pressure Alert (Built in Pressure Sensor provides cabin pressure altitude warnings at 10K, 12.5K, and 14K feet). Can you recommend on how I can wire this alert into my GRT HX EFIS as well?
All of the alerts are included in the RS232 data stream.
hplevyak

Post by hplevyak »

Jeff,
Thanks! That's great.

Where can I find the .wav file for these three alerts then? I just downloaded again the Alerts.zip file here (http://www.grtavionics.com/softwarehxr.html), but the CO Guardian alerts are not included in that zip file.

Thanks again for the great support!

Howard