V 7 ... audio alerts ...

GRT_Jeff

Re: V 7 ... audio alerts ...

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I just generated some computer-voice versions like the others. I haven't added them to the standard Alerts.zip yet. Download both Alerts.zip and this new Alerts-COG.zip and combine the wav files in the same Alerts folder.

http://www.grtavionics.com/getfile.aspx/Alerts-COG.zip
jhclarkfl

Post by jhclarkfl »

I just became aware of the fact that there is a better sounding set of Alerts for my Hx located within the Alerts download. I want to use the set but I would also like to have the same sounding alerts for speed, traffic, trim and waypoint. These files are missing from the small natural alerts set. I looked online for the AT&T text to speech demo but the site is no longer available. Can somebody provide these alerts to me or show me where to go to get the same voice and quality?
Jack Clark
hplevyak

Post by hplevyak »

Jeff,
Thank-you very much for posting the CO Guardian alert files!

Howard
Skyffej

Post by Skyffej »

OKay so I installed the files the other day but am not getting alerts beeps or voice. Note: I did remove the usb stick after it said done copying
Questions:
when your in the set menu and setting or changing volumes, when does the system actually play the message, meaning while your change the numbers up and down on the volume or after you click it or after you exit that page ?

I do have b24 wired so it should work and all my volumes are set at the defaults like 64 (I assume bigger number means louder ?)

Is there some other way to "test" the audio output ?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Each time the value changes by rotating the knob one click in either direction, the display unit will play the warning tone followed by the Oil Pressure voice alert. The tone will play even if the files aren't loaded. Higher numbers are louder. Pin B25 is audio ground and should be less noisy, but the main system ground will work.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Skyffej wrote:OKay so I installed the files the other day but am not getting alerts beeps or voice. Note: I did remove the usb stick after it said done copying
Questions:
when your in the set menu and setting or changing volumes, when does the system actually play the message, meaning while your change the numbers up and down on the volume or after you click it or after you exit that page ?

I do have b24 wired so it should work and all my volumes are set at the defaults like 64 (I assume bigger number means louder ?)

Is there some other way to "test" the audio output ?
For testing I wired B24 (hot) and B25 (ground) into a 1/8" stereo plug, and plugged that into the music input on my (Lightspeed) headset. Works fine. Now I'm debating if I really want these signals to go to the audio panel for everyone to hear, or if I should just leave it as is, with just the left front seat hearing them.
You do have the latest software (needed for alerts)?
rene@felker.com

Post by rene@felker.com »

Is there a complete list of alert numbers that we could use to create a custom list for our own use?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

rene@felker.com wrote:Is there a complete list of alert numbers that we could use to create a custom list for our own use?
No, we haven't documented the alarm numbers yet.
RV-HXr

Post by RV-HXr »

rene@felker.com wrote:Is there a complete list of alert numbers that we could use to create a custom list for our own use?
I was able to determine about 60 of them. In the blog post link below you will find:
  • More info on how to expand your available audio alerts.
  • Additional important factors to consider.
  • Wav files you could use.
  • The process I used to compile the list below.
  • Suggestion on how to help identify more alarms.
http://rv-14a.blogspot.com/2018/09/avio ... lerts.html

Here is the list of alarms I've compiled. Remember to use four digits in the number for the file with format alarm####.wav.

Columns:
  • Alarm: Alarm number (remember, the alarm####.wav filenames need to be four digits).
  • Message: My suggested voice message for the alarm. You can use something different if you prefer. Note: Your AUX inputs are probably different than mine so you will need to change the associated messages to match your configuration.
  • Description: What the alarm represents.
  • Predefined: If it is also a predefined alarm, the associated special filename.
Keep in mind: I make mistakes.

jnewsum1

Post by jnewsum1 »

I have the audio output of one GRT Hx connected to an unswitched audio input on my Audio Panel. I am using the .wav audio files that RV-HXr made available. Both displays were recently updated to the latest software (vers 11.01). The only audio warning that I don't hear is "TRAFFIC and this is the one warning I was most interested in hearing.

I have the FreeFlight Ranger UAT ADSB which performs ADSB in and out wired to one Hx display. I get the Traffic alert pop up on the onside and cross side Hx display when the MFD format is being displayed and there is a traffic target within 2NM of me. I was expecting that since the GRT Hx EFIS is displaying the Traffic Alert pop up warning on the MFD that the "TRAFFIC" audio alert would occur at the same time.

What does the GRT Hx use to enable the audio warning? Is it a status bit from the ADSB receiver or does the GRT Hx derive the conditions to output the traffic audio warning.