Logbook incorrect date

ZuluZephyr

Logbook incorrect date

Post by ZuluZephyr »

I have dual HX system and both had incorrect and different dates being applied to the log. I can not find anywhere how to correct. I have seen this question asked on other forums but not answered. My guess is a setting that is wrong.

Welcome any help,

Rocky Morrison
GRT_Jeff

Re: Logbook incorrect date

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The HX should get the time and date from a GPS, if the GPS provides this information over its connection. If it doesn't have this information by the time you take off, the fields should be blank. What kind of GPS do you have? Is there any pattern to the dates?
gdtrfb58

Post by gdtrfb58 »

Is this the same for HXr? Does this have to be configured (if so, where?). Mine always says 1/1/2007 ( I think). I thought that this was because I didnt add clock power.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

All of the EFIS displays use time and date the same way. The logbook should record a date and time if the display knows them before takeoff (airspeed above 30 knots). If the clock is set to Auto (see SET MENU, General Setup, Clock) then the clock should be set from the GPS if the GPS sends time and date (all NMEA0183 inputs and some ARINC-429 inputs). If you have Clock Power connected to an HX or HXr, it will remember the time when the main power inputs are off. You can manually set the time and date if you have clock power and the auto mode isn't working.