Sport HS vs Sport SX

buzzglade

Sport HS vs Sport SX

Post by buzzglade »

What are the differences between the two and what do I get? I have circa 08 HS w/ internal GPS EIS> It appears I get an faster processor, larger display and an additional port. As I read the info the upgrade is required for synthetic vision. Thanks for any info. Tailwinds, Buzz
GRTBen

Re: Sport HS vs Sport SX

Post by GRTBen »

The SX now gives you the faster processor and an extra serial port. The screen For the HS and the SX can be the same 6.5 or 8.4 inch size. And yes, the SX processor is required for the synthetic vision upgrade.
GRTBen
Tech Support
GRT Avionics
gmohr

Post by gmohr »

I just recently upgraded from an 07 Sport WS to an 8.4 SX with the Synthetic Vision. All I can say is it
is so much easier to see and the screen refresh is faster. This is by far the best upgrade I have made
to my panel. If you can afford the upgrade I would highly recommend it.
Gene Mohr
SFC(R) US Army
S17 Twin Lakes Airport
buzzglade

Post by buzzglade »

I really don''t have any complaints for my Sport HS. I'm in Florida (the flattest state) so cannot rationalize SV. I would like XM wx but I need to go to the Horizon to get that. At least, that's my understanding. Tailwinds, Buzz
jclark

Post by jclark »

buzzglade wrote:I really don''t have any complaints for my Sport HS. I'm in Florida (the flattest state) so cannot rationalize SV. I would like XM wx but I need to go to the Horizon to get that. At least, that's my understanding. Tailwinds, Buzz

You might want to double check that. I am pretty sure that XM weather functions on the Sport XM (XM box required).
Also, you can get ADS-B Weather and Traffic on the Sport SX.

James