Sport Install, Rev E.

santiago

Sport Install, Rev E.

Post by santiago »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the cover says Revision E.The record of revisions on page iv lists nothing above Revision D, although I'd expect something here to tell me what was changed. Is this a complete reissue?
JimB

Re: Sport Install, Rev E.

Post by JimB »

It appears that Rev E is updating the manual for the adaptive AHRS.

If you look at the individual pages, the revision level of each page is indicated at the bottom of the page.

As usual, try all the different manuals to find what you need. The software is very similar in all the GRT EFIS, so documentation for any can apply.

You should have seen the documentation way back around 2005!! I did the rewrites dated 2008 and 2009 as a favor for Carlos.

Jim Butcher
santiago

Post by santiago »

It sounds like this may be in the midst of a re-write. Thus, I'll pass along the things I've spotted so far, in the interest, not of criticism, but in having better documentation:

1. Page A-38, pin six says the Magnetometer Serial signal has a WHT/BRN wire. On page A-40, on the magnetometer end, pin 9, which should be the same wire, is stated to be WHT. The wire actually in the harness is WHT/BRN.

2. In various places, the text implies the magnetometer end of the cable has the wires pinned. At least in my case, they weren't.

3. Pages A-38 through A43 are marked as revision D. They are clearly revision E.

GRTs documention is actually relatively good. That doesn't mean it's without error. I don't know I've ever seen documentation without error, nor do I expect to do so. Stay tuned; I may find more.
katieb

Post by katieb »

GRT documentation has gone through many changes of authorship over the years. Every time software or hardware is updated, a documentation change "should" happen but often doesn't due to lack of personnel. It's a huge job that would be taken care of by a team of engineers, writers and graphic designers at a big company. I wrote the new style manuals dated from fall of 2012 til fall of 2014. I don't work there anymore, so I believe Greg is doing the updates himself now. Best I can tell you is, don't hang on every revision letter as Gospel. If it's important, it's in there. You won't blow it up. If you have a question, call tech support.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008