Move Traffic Box Slightly in HX

revenson

Move Traffic Box Slightly in HX

Post by revenson »

When flying near another airplane (in formation), the traffic popup box stays up, even though I am aware of the traffic. The problem is that the traffic box covers the airspeed tape. While I can see my numeric indicated airspeed, I'd also like to see the ribbon. I can't see how close I am to the yellow (caution range) or redline when the ribbon is covered by the traffic box.

I'd like to be able to turn off the traffic box in the above situation, or at least I'd like to see it moved over slightly to allow viewing the airspeed tape.
Bobturner

Re: Move Traffic Box Slightly in HX

Post by Bobturner »

In the set up menu you can turn the pop ups off. Or turn adsb off.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The position of the pop-up is a compromise to show the current airspeed without covering too much of the map. When you're flying in formation it's probably best to turn off the pop-up with the SET MENU, Moving Map, Traffic Alert Window setting.
330drvr

Post by 330drvr »

If formation flying, I would suggest the wingman squawk standby.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS
jclark

Post by jclark »

330drvr wrote:If formation flying, I would suggest the wingman squawk standby.
Actually, if you are a WINGMAN, you should have no idea/no worry as to airspeed or altitude.

On the other hand, if you are LEAD, then those items are critically important and you are most likely the one that has transponder squawking.

James
330drvr

Post by 330drvr »

I guess I wasn't clear. That is the whole point of course. You don't need two transponders in a formation. With only one operational, you don't get the traffic popup on the lead's screen.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS