Inter-Display link protocol documented

MolsonB

Re: Inter-Display link protocol documented

Post by MolsonB »

Excellent. I used the same idea for my tablets, to find out who's the MQTT broker. Thanks Jeff!
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Can the inter-display protocol control the Flip-Screen option between PFD and Map screen? What about Com-swap ?

On the stick grip, I want to multi purpose events on the same buttons to expand the functionality. With my Teensy, I've coded it to distinguish between single, double and hold events. Right now I have a dedicated button to swap the screens on the HXr.

Hoping I can send the command via inter-display. If not, I'll use the teensy's output to control the HXr analog input. That way I can flip the HXr with 1 click, and 2 clicks will flip my teensy
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

No, there is no flip command through the display link.

There isn't a simple command for COM SWAP. When you SWAP, the unit that was commanded swaps the frequencies internally and then sends active and standby frequency set commands (the simplest operation, used by SL30/40 compatible units) and sends an update of all current frequency settings (needed by HXr-is-control-head units like the Trig).
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

GRT_Jeff wrote:No, there is no flip command through the display link.

There isn't a simple command for COM SWAP. When you SWAP, the unit that was commanded swaps the frequencies internally and then sends active and standby frequency set commands (the simplest operation, used by SL30/40 compatible units) and sends an update of all current frequency settings (needed by HXr-is-control-head units like the Trig).
I thought it was a long shot, thought I'd ask anyways.
Side question. Should we wire to the Com Swap at the audio panel (PS Eng), or HXr ? I assumed they do the same thing?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

MolsonB wrote:Side question. Should we wire to the Com Swap at the audio panel (PS Eng), or HXr ? I assumed they do the same thing?
They swap different things. The Com Swap in the audio panel swaps the mic/mon between COM1 and COM2. The Com Swap in the HXr swaps active and standby frequencies for the currently selected for transmit (mic) com.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

GRT_Jeff wrote:
MolsonB wrote:Side question. Should we wire to the Com Swap at the audio panel (PS Eng), or HXr ? I assumed they do the same thing?
They swap different things. The Com Swap in the audio panel swaps the mic/mon between COM1 and COM2. The Com Swap in the HXr swaps active and standby frequencies for the currently selected for transmit (mic) com.
Awesome. Did not know that. Thanks again Jeff !
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Do we have any packets that sends the battery voltages (A, B, C) across the inter-display?
If not, I can pick up the VPX Data that has it.

I like the battery low warnings on your software, but there needs to be two settings for limits. With engine running (alt charging) vs just on batteries. ie. 10 volts when just on batteries, vs 12.8volts when alternator is suppose to be charging.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EFIS Power Bus 1/2/3 voltages are not sent over the link. The EIS voltage goes over the link with the EIS data. If you connected a voltage to an analog input or Aux input then those will be in the remote channel data or EIS data.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Yeah I didn't think it would, worth a shot. I'll stick to sending it to the VPX and reading it from there.
But you did give me an idea. I want to know if the 'Hot Bus' is left on for GPS Power and other things. I'll splice into that wire and send it to your analog input. Saves me from dealing with 12volts on my analog circuitry.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

OAT in any packets ?