GPS Navigator?

Sportsman

GPS Navigator?

Post by Sportsman »

This post has two parts, one for the GRT product techies, and one for the webmaster types.

1) for the product techies... Sometime last year I heard that GRT was developing a remote-mount certified GPS-WAAS navigator. Price point was to be something around 50% of Brand G's panel-mount navigators. I haven't seen any news or even recent mention of this product development. We all know this would be a real game-changer in experimental avionics and I for one am really hoping to see this product developed. Any news?

2) for the webmaster types... Is this "Product Feature Requests" section the right place to track previously-announced features/functionality? Would it be easier to push information if a separate section with a title like "Product News" were used? I know we have "Announcements" but that isn't specific to product. Just wonderin'... :ugeek:
katieb

Re: GPS Navigator?

Post by katieb »

The certified WAAS GPS is still in early development. I don't have an ETA yet. Our projects for this year have taken a bit more time than anticipated... For now, I'm still recommending new or used Garmin units for certified IFR GPS. If I were putting one in my airplane I'd find a used 430. With the popularity of the GTN650, there are probably lots of 430s and 530s looking for new homes.

A "product news" forum will probably appear when we have major product news to announce! :shock: This section is fine for this type of "Where is it?" posts, because it lets us know what our customers actually want.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

katieb wrote:With the popularity of the GTN650, there are probably lots of 430s and 530s looking for new homes.
This is just not the case and prices on WAAS 430s have maintained at a high level since the demand is high. They have one of the only suitable products and know it. You guys really need to get yours to market -- the GRT folks would gobble them up . I need one yesterday!

Ben Cunningham
RV7 Louisville, KY
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

Just wanted to tag on to my post above... When I first choose to install a GRT EFIS system, it was about 2006, and RNAV gps approaches were not prevalent in the GA system, in fact there were not many published gps approaches to small airports. I felt confident that a SL 30 with VOR/ILS capability would serve me well. A lot has changed and I find myself badly needing that approach database that I am lacking under my current installation (NO GNS 430/530 etc.) here 7 years later....

Ben Cunningham
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

Sportsman wrote:
1) for the product techies... Sometime last year I heard that GRT was developing a remote-mount certified GPS-WAAS navigator.
Any progress?
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

1 Victor Fox wrote:
Sportsman wrote:
1) for the product techies... Sometime last year I heard that GRT was developing a remote-mount certified GPS-WAAS navigator.
Any progress?
Anyone ???
1 Victor Fox

Post by 1 Victor Fox »

Crickets….
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Is there any update on this???
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Any progress on the certified GPS? Some of us have no panel space for the usual solutions. ;)

-John Basol
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We have some remote receiver hardware, but no software yet. Our goal is to have some approach software by the end of the year.