ADS-B+ compatibility

GRT_Jeff

Re: ADS-B+ compatibility

Post by GRT_Jeff »

"Garmin ADS-B" is correct for both the original ADS-B and ADS-B+ formats.

If you wired the ADS-B+ output to pin 5 on the adapter, the adapter should detect the GPS data. Your "External GPS Communication: No" line says the adapter is not seeing any data on its pin 5 at 9600 baud. If you wired directly to the TT22 pin 5, bypassing the adapter, then the adapter can't detect it. It doesn't matter how you wire it for the TT22 to work.

The "GPS Position" line is a report of the current position from the TT22. If the 430W has a position but the TT22 doesn't report one here, then the TT22 does not see or does not understand the data.

Check the "Transponder Versions" line. The number after "SW" needs to be 2.7 or newer (note a version like 2.10 is newer than 2.9) to support ADS-B+. If you have SW 2.4 or older you need an update of the remote TT22 box. Most TT22 units shipped in 2015 or earlier have 2.4 or older and need to be updated.
Clam

Post by Clam »

My TT22 has version 2.4. The Trig website says to contact the dealer for software updates. I bought it from you guys. I don't see anything on your website or equipment supplements for updates. Can you send me the latest software or can I download?

Thanks for the information. I intentionally sounded very basic on my posting because I have troubleshot without success and figured I must be missing something basic. Your post was the first time I recall seeing the TT22 minimum software level. I purchased a few years back and have just recently started flying.
Thanks again
Jeff
Jeff
RV-8 Memphis, TN (KFYE)
jb.flynavy@gmail.com
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

I may be wrong, but I think the Trig requires a "firmware" update. This usually requires sending the box back to the service center, Mid Continent Instruments in KS.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I've heard Trig has started allowing some dealers like us to do software updates in the experimental market, but we are not set up to do that yet. I will check to see if we can get it. So far all customers I know of have had to send their units to Trig's main service center for North America, Mid-Continent Instruments.