Not Available

db8

Not Available

Post by db8 »

Any thoughts on why it might say "not available?" I understand it doesn't recognize it when it says this, but I'm wondering why when I plugged it into the back of the #1 HX USB port next to the USB that connects the two screens together? It's one I purchased from GRT also (Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter). Thanks.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Not Available

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Make sure the adapter is plugged in all the way before you turn on the display. The display will not detect if you insert or remove the adapter while it's running. There is a blue LED on that version of the adapter that should light up at times. If you can see the adapter while the display is powered, check to see if the LED ever lights up.

I heard we had a brand new adapter fail to work in one of our demo units at Sun 'n Fun. That's something I still need to investigate.
GeorgeAustin

Post by GeorgeAustin »

GRT_Jeff wrote:Make sure the adapter is plugged in all the way before you turn on the display. The display will not detect if you insert or remove the adapter while it's running. There is a blue led light on that version of the adapter that should light up at times. If you can see the adapter while the display is powered, check to see if the LED ever lights up.

I heard we had a brand new adapter fail to work in one of our demo units at Sun 'n Fun. That's something I still need to investigate
Is your investigation finished? I am facing similar issue of not available so can you help me out?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

All of the adapters I've received with reports of problems have worked when I tested them with displays in our office. The problems at the show were not detailed and may have been pairing mistakes. One adapter was returned by a customer for not working, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

The USB connector part of the adapter should insert all the way into the display unit, leaving only a small (plastic) part for your fingers to grip. That's about 7/16 of an inch for the connector. On the ones we sell, only a millimeter of the metal sticks out from the back of the display unit.