mini-x

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
sonex374

mini-x

Post by sonex374 »

I have a mini and a eis getting ready to install in my sonex I'm building. But documentation on how to wire the two together is non existent and further no docs on how to access engine data on the mini . What have I not found or is it trial and error. Disappointed to say the least or just plain dumb.
Rutter
mini-x, eis
Bobturner

Re: mini-x

Post by Bobturner »

I believe the software has just been released in beta form, so no documentation yet. However, set the serial port you connect the Eis to to "EIS" or "9600" and it should work.
deej

Post by deej »

My understanding is that the Engine Display on the Mini is an optional add-on that you have to pay for separately, and the options do not appear until this is enabled.

$200 according to the price sheet:

http://grtavionics.com/JULY_2015_PRICELIST_FULL.pdf

-Dj
Sonex1517

Post by Sonex1517 »

I have a Sonex with a Mini installed and would love more info. So far all I am reading is not from the staff at GRT.

Hoping that changes...
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Jabiru 3300 Generation 4 powered taildragger
N1517S
First flight 10/10/2015
http://www.sonexfoundation.com
sonex374

Post by sonex374 »

Robbie
I received my engine data etc upgrade from GRT and Jeff noted to me in email Greg is working on documentation for same.
So hopefully we see this soon. :?:
Rutter
mini-x, eis
jclark

Post by jclark »

sonex374 wrote:Robbie
I received my engine data etc upgrade from GRT and Jeff noted to me in email Greg is working on documentation for same.
So hopefully we see this soon. :?:
If you connect the green/black wire (I **THINK**) from the EIS to one of the serial inputs of the MINI and in the setup choose EIS, all should be fine.
For more immediate info, take a look at the "Sport" (SX) documentation. Basically should work for the MINI.

For those with a GRT EFIS alreadys et up with EIS, that data will get shared over to the MINI via the Display Unit data link.

If you need additonal help, give a "holler".

James