Auto Pilot Back Tracking?

bsiusimpex

Auto Pilot Back Tracking?

Post by bsiusimpex »

I have the GRT Hx EFIS and GRT auto pilot installed. It had been running nicely for a couple of years. Couple days ago, I was flying along a preset flight path with auto-pilot engaged (ENAV). As I approach one of the way points (say way point X), I have to disengage the autopilot and deviate from my preset flight path due to traffic avoidance. Once the traffic was cleared, I already passed Way point X. I flew back on course with Way point X already behind me. I re-engage my auto-pilot to resume the preset flight path, the auto-pilot keep wanting to turn the plane back toward Way Point X. Any suggestion on how to re-engage my auto-pilot to ignore the WP behind me and the continue with the preset flight path shall be appreciated. Thanks!
jnewsum1

Re: Auto Pilot Back Tracking?

Post by jnewsum1 »

Use the flight plan “Set Leg” function to select the next leg of the flight plan, then reengage the AP. The active leg is displayed in magenta.
bsiusimpex

Post by bsiusimpex »

Thank you! Will give it a try on my next flight!
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

If you completely passed the waypoint it should have sequenced to the next waypoint even if the autopilot was disengaged. If you didn't pass all the way then it will try to get you back on course, and you will have to tell it to resume the next leg with the Set Leg button, or go directly from your current position to the next waypoint with the Go Direct function.