Misc Questions

JimB

Misc Questions

Post by JimB »

Investigating another problem the other day, I measured the regulated 12 volt output of my EIS (red/green wire). It measured 10.5 volts when the battery buss (power to EIS) was 12.5. Is this normal? Shouldn't it be close to 12 volts?

I ocassionally see variation in fuel flow which I don't understand. Perhaps that is because the voltage to the transducers is not constant?

An unrelated question. I am using 5 of the 6 aux inputs. The one I'm not using (Aux 5) has SF=0 and OFFSET=0 and Min and Max limits for Aux 5 are set to 0. There is no wire connected to the pin on the connector for that input. Yet when I bring up the Aux 4,5,6 page, 31.4 is displayed for Aux 5. How come?

Thanks

Jim Butcher
GRTBen

Re: Misc Questions

Post by GRTBen »

Jim

It is normal to see a small drop in the voltage from buss to FF power output. Due to internal losses through the circuitry It gives you right around 12V when the engine and alternator are running.

On the AUX 4,5,6 page. When you have the SF and OFF set to 0 and 0 the aux is looking for a temp sender. If there is nothing attached to the pin then it defaults to the max. 314 degrees, If the aux is setup as a decimal it would be 31.4.
GRTBen
Tech Support
GRT Avionics