EGT / CHT Wire Leads

bd4c

EGT / CHT Wire Leads

Post by bd4c »

To better manage the abundance of thick cable, I trimmed back the wire leads on all EGT and CHT sensors (and installed better and sealed connectors). After reading the below post, I wonder if this presents an issue. I can't imagine it would, but looking for guidance.

http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?794 ... Approaches
GRT_Jeff

Re: EGT / CHT Wire Leads

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EIS manual says you can trim the wires. What you don't want to do is add different types of metal junctions that could be at different temperatures between the pairs of wire.
bd4c

Post by bd4c »

I ended up getting some clarification offline. One follow up though. For the connectors (terminals) themselves, those joining two wire segments, what are the specifications for the respective connections? For instance, are standard (off the shelf) connectors acceptable, or should very specific ones be used for CHT and EGT respectively? To illustrate, I am entirely standardized on Delphi WeatherPack connectors for all connections outside the cabin. These are all copper-zinc-tin (CuSn3Zn9).
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Standard connectors are fine. As long the connections will be about the same temperature when installed, the different metals will not cause significant error. The only case where it causes a problem is if you install one connector on one side of the firewall and the other connector on the other side of the firewall due of the temperature difference.