Princeton Capacitive fuel probe programming / calibration

Kahuna

Princeton Capacitive fuel probe programming / calibration

Post by Kahuna »

It took me a while to find the document for programming so I thought I would post it up. This is for the 2 set point version and the 5 set point version.
See attached pdf document for instructions.
Attachments
PrincetonCapacitiveProbeCalibration.pdf
(132.3 KiB) Downloaded 2288 times
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
Kahuna

Re: Princeton Capacitive fuel probe programming / calibratio

Post by Kahuna »

I have just completed an install of the 5 set point princeton sensors. I also ran the calibration routine. I have plates in the tanks.
Can you tell me what offset points I need to program in please?
Thanks
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
GRTBen

Post by GRTBen »

Run theough the princeton calibration procedure. that will give a 0v at empty and 5 volts at full. then just need to scale the eis read out

For EIS setup of the capacitive plates there is no Offset(AUXOFF)(set to 0). The Scale factor for the EIS should be set to half of what you want it to read when full.

20 gallons when full the AUXSF would be set to 10, give the information in whole gallons.

OR

20 gallons when full set the AUXSF to 100, this will give the information in 1/10ths of a gallon.
GRTBen
Tech Support
GRT Avionics
Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Perfect. Thanks Ben. That did the trick. You should consider throwing this in the manual somewhere.
Thanks for responding. Love this forum!
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
katieb

Post by katieb »

Me too. I just uploaded the Princeton Capacitive Fuel Probe calibration instructions to the EIS Manuals webpage. :D
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
NJMike

Post by NJMike »

I don't believe the info that Kahuna posted about setting the EIS scale to read tenths of a gallon is in any capacitive
probe documentation but I think it should be.

Kahuna, that works on the EIS 2000? Does it depend on the software version that's installed?
Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

NJMike wrote:I don't believe the info that Kahuna posted about setting the EIS scale to read tenths of a gallon is in any capacitive
probe documentation but I think it should be.

Kahuna, that works on the EIS 2000? Does it depend on the software version that's installed?
I am not sure about that. I have the 6cyl version. Katie or Ben will have to chime in on this. But I suspect that it would
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
NJMike

Post by NJMike »

Well, not sure what's going on. I tried to follow all the info here but I don't think that I have the right documentation.

First, the EIS manual says to consult the probe documentation for setting calibration. But there is nothing in the probe instructions about that.

Second, while using the EIS manual, trying to set the configuration, I see that the EIS manual is not even correct for my unit. According to the EIS manual, page 2 has "Fuel", "Time" and "Unit". But my page 2 has "Aux", "Timer" and "MPH".

Third, and can't figure this one out, my voltage now reads twice as high!

Last, I was not able to figure out how to get the fuel quantity to read in tenths. I set the Aux limitation to "12" on the Limits page. In the Confuguration Set Pages I set "Aux-SF" to 5 so that the Aux readout would show 12. Kahuna, according to your post above I should have been able to set that to "6" in order to read "12". That's a minor note.

In the Configuration Set Pages AuxOFF is set to 0.

So I'm thinking that my software version may be different and I may not have the same screens and I may not be able to set the readout in tenths (which I really wanted!)
NJMike

Post by NJMike »

Sorry, my comments to Kahuna were really meant for GRTBen...

GRTBen, in my case a full tank would be 12 gallons. You're saying that, to read whole gallons, the AuxSF should be set to 6. For me to read 12 gal, I had to set it to 5. No big deal.

But to read tenths, you say to set it to 100, which I did but it was not right. Now I'm thinking that maybe you meant 10x the whole gallon setting? Meaning that, to read tenths, it should be set to 50 (10x5)?
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I understand changing the SF to half depending on what you want the total fuel to display. 100 for 20 gallons. What do you do if your tanks totals 23 gallons? Push the SF above? The capacitive sender output is at 5v full now.