Mini-X calibration error "moved too fast"

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
rotorleasing

Mini-X calibration error "moved too fast"

Post by rotorleasing »

We have a mini-x in a helicopter and are trying to calibration the magnetometer. 1st we flew the 380 rotation. Too fast. Then we flew is very slowly, 1.2 minutes. Then we put it on the ground wheels and rotated it at 2.4 minutes very smoothly (without the blades turning obviously) still got a moved to fast error.

Perhaps related, the screen has some jitter in most flight regimes but more in the hover than forward fight. We thought that calibrating the magnetometer might take care of the situation.
deej

Re: Mini-X calibration error "moved too fast"

Post by deej »

Do you have the latest software installed on the Mini? This issue was corrected awhile ago with a software update (it was happening to me too).

-Dj
rotorleasing

Post by rotorleasing »

Updated 2 weeks ago and release date is in April... so, that should be latest software.
Thanks.
rotorleasing

Post by rotorleasing »

Checksum error. Reloaded everything. Then was able to calibrate magnetometer. Now no jitters but a little lag when maneuvering at low/0 airspeed.

I sent a log file to tech support and they are going to look at it.

Overall, working just about perfect. I think slow, sideways flight with large pitch changes might be a bit much to compute. Horizon gets back correct in about 1 second and the flight path vector stays confused. Not really necessary to have an FPV if you are in the hover.

The wind vector is really good now, which is a great help with off-field approaches.