Audio out wiring question

kwiatkma

Audio out wiring question

Post by kwiatkma »

Can I get a verification that the new audio out features requires pin B24 on Connector B, which was reserved for audio use?

I'm thinking of wiring that to a stereo plug with a ground and plug it into the audio in, in my intercom...

-Matt
Long EZ and anxiously waiting for the HUD glasses!
Bobturner

Re: Audio out wiring question

Post by Bobturner »

Answer for the HX is yes, I think it's the same for the HXr.
I have an older HX, the pin right next to B24 (I think 25, but maybe it is 23) is a convenient ground.
For now, I ran those wires out from under the panel to an 1/8" plug, which I inserted directly into my (Lightspeed) headset control box. I am evaluating whether to leave it that way, or send it to the intercom in which case everyone will hear the warnings. Currently I have ADSB-in but not -out, so I get a lot of false traffic warnings as without the "ADSB-out" I cannot filter myself out from other traffic.
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

Bob,

Thanks! Yes I have an HXr, Should have clarified. My manual says B25 is NC and B23 is a serial 7 in...I don't see any ground on the B connector in the latest revision (A5) of the install manual.

I can always get ground from somewhere close.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

These pins were incorrectly removed from the updated manuals. Pin B24 is still audio output and B25 is still audio ground. The audio ground may be a less noisy ground reference for audio than other grounds.
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

Thanks!