HXr controlling remote mounted com radios-individual volume

jspc78@yahoo.com

HXr controlling remote mounted com radios-individual volume

Post by jspc78@yahoo.com »

Greetings all:

I have an HXr with two, PS-Engineering M760REM remote radios along with the PS-Engineering remote PAC15EX audio panel, all controlled via the HXr. I am beginning the panel build and have a question:

Looking through all the docs, and searching here, I don't see mention of individually controlling the radio audio levels. I can only find reference to the single audio control of the combined output of all the audio sources out of the PAC15EX to the headsets.

Is there a way, what is the way, the audio level is managed for each remote mount radio? If someone has a working HXr with these options a screenshot would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Jim
jspc78@yahoo.com

Re: HXr controlling remote mounted com radios-individual vol

I found my own answer so I thought I would post it here.

Spoke with support at PS Engineering this morning. They confirm there is no provision in the PAC15EX remote audio panel to control com radio volume into the audio panel: only output volume to the headsets is supported.

Their advice is to attenuate the audio going into the audio panel via variable line level attenuators (volume knobs).
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We make a volume control adapter specifically made for the M760 COM radios that integrates with the HXr and allows you to control the volume with the HXr. If you ordered everything through us you may already have them. They are small square black boxes with DB15 connectors on two opposite sides.
jspc78@yahoo.com

Thanks, I do in fact have those boxes; I bought everything several years ago and my build is taking longer than I expected, sorry I missed that. Digging around the GRT documentation I found references to control radio volume both via the Android app, and via the HXr display.