HXr have 6 cylinder, ?to get indication of PFD

hhawkins1@att.net

HXr have 6 cylinder, ?to get indication of PFD

Post by hhawkins1@att.net »

Have IO -540(6 cylinder, replaced a 6.5 "Hx with 10.4" HXr only have only have 4 CHT/EGT indicator columns? How to expand the engine monitor on the PDF to encompass all 6 cylinders. I have a 6000 EIS remote mounted in nose. I was told the simple pug in was all that was needed to up grade. Don't believe it!!!~ We have spent days soldering and running wires, finding pips etc for the dual AHRS- to EIS- to PFD etc etc. finally lit the fire on the engine today and only have 4 CHT/EGT. Can not find out how to go into the PFD menu and change to 6 EGT/CHT. Any help would be appreciated. H Hawkins 928-925-5039
Bobturner

Re: HXr have 6 cylinder, ?to get indication of PFD

Post by Bobturner »

Probably too late now but you should have copied all your settings on the Hx onto a memory stick, then you could copy them onto the HXr. Now, step thru the menus until you see "Set Menu" (select); go down to "Graphic Engine Display" (select); scroll down to "# of cylinders" and enter "6". The Hx and HXr software are nearly identical, so check the HX manuals.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

I'll add that I really don't understand what's going on here. If all you were doing was the HX to HXr swap, you just unplug the cables from the HX and plug them into the HXr - the cables and connectors are all the same. So if you're running (soldering??) new wires some other upgrades are going on.
jclark

Post by jclark »

I am with Bob on this.

The process for the change should be:

1. "SET MENU" etc.Back up all settings on HX
2. Remove HX/disconnect cable(s)
3. Make bigger hole for HXr
4. Install HXr,/install cables(s) from above
5. "SET MENU" etc, Restore settings

I plan to do this (and a bunch of other stuff) for someone in a week or so.

Feel free to reach out with questions.
jclarkmail <at>
gmail <dot>
com
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The HX has one setting for number of cylinders:
Number of cylinders

The HXr was made more flexible to support additional engine configurations and has two settings for number of cylinders:
Number of EGT sensors
Number of CHT sensors

These are in SET MENU, Graphical Engine Display.

The difference in settings means these will need to be manually set when copying settings between an HX and HXr.