Jeppesen Nav Database

Widget

Jeppesen Nav Database

Post by Widget »

Can you tell me if there is any displayed information difference in the Jeppesen $$ database and the free GRT supplied database?

Just wondering if I will get anymore information on screen with the Jeppesen one.
Jerry "Widget" Morris
GRT_Jeff

Re: Jeppesen Nav Database

Post by GRT_Jeff »

For the United States data, you won't notice a difference until we add support for more features. The Jeppesen IFR database contains approaches and other information that we intend to use later.
Widget

Post by Widget »

Well, I've been using the JEPP databases in my Garmin GNC300XL for years and kept them up to date. I also just tried out the JEPP Navdata for the GRT. I just found one difference. Evidently Jepp decided that my airport (9A0) needed to be downgraded or something. I have been able to set up a synthetic approach ever since I started usind GRT and yesterday I came home and I get the message that there is insufficient airport data to make a Synthetic Approach using ither of the two databases fro Jepp. I will reinstall the GRT database and update you.
Jerry "Widget" Morris
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I think Jeppesen does not include runway coordinates that they have not verified. I found the same thing at some local airports.
gdtrfb58

Post by gdtrfb58 »

Are the "future enhancements" (which make use of the Jepp DB) you spoke about in 2013 coming in future software updates (approaches, etc?)
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We plan to make use of the approach data early this year, starting with the HXr.