Flight Plan navigating

Widget

Flight Plan navigating

Post by Widget »

I've been building and flying Flt Plns to learn the system better. One thing I can't figure out how to do is when I get off the flight plan is to go back Direct To the next point and then resume the Flt pln. If I use the Direct button, it dumps the rest of the Flt plan. In the Sequence mode, there is no way to select the next fix and go Direct. This needs to be easy if you get vectored off you plan.
What am I doing wrong?
Jerry "Widget" Morris
katieb

Re: Flight Plan navigating

Post by katieb »

Hi Widget,

Our bench units both will allow us to go back to SEQ MODE and resume the saved flight plan if we highlight the new closest waypoint and hit SET LEG. Did you save the flight plan first ? Are you using an External flight plan from your 300XL? (that could dump the flight plan from the EFIS.) It could also be that your beta software has a bug that needs to be fixed.

One thing we do know is that when you're in the middle of a leg (A to B on an A-B-C flight plan) and you delete waypoint B, it will drive the airplane to the course line between A and C instead of just flying direct to C from present position. (that is hard to write without a picture.) It's like that with all our EFIS systems, but we've had several guys ask about it this week, all HXr drivers. I would think after 10 years in the EFIS business someone would have discovered that earlier! But I think there's something with the HXr interface that makes that point more obvious. It's now on the list of things to improve.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
Widget

Post by Widget »

Katie,
I can go back and forth between the Direct and the Sequence, but what I can't do is be off the flight plan, as if I'm given a vector off the filed flight plan, which happens all the time for traffic or whatever, and then the controller says, "now cleared Direct to the next fix". In that circumstance, I can't make it go direct to that waypoint and then resume the flight plan.

I guess with your answer though, I could punch direct and then when I get back on the flight plan I could reselect the sequence mode and reengage ENAV. Sure seems like a lot of button punching just to go direct to a flight plan fix.

What would be on my wish list is a Direct button on the FP page that doesn't make me go back and forth between direct and sequence mode. In other words, I could just cursor down to any fix on the flt plan and go direct and then resume the flt plan.
Jerry "Widget" Morris
Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Thumbs up on what Widget said. This has always bugged me.
In the flight plan, should be able to direct to next waypoint from here.
Kahuna
S8 , Team AeroDynamix,
Facebook,Track Me
Gold Hill, NC25
dmaib

Post by dmaib »

Another thumbs up for Widget's request.
David Maib
RV-10 N380DM
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We added this for the Android app (already released), but there's no button on the display yet. We will be adding a button to the HXr flight plan page and probably another knob menu selection to other model flight plan pages.