% power?

Grahcm

% power?

Post by Grahcm »

Will the older Sport HS show this? If so how? I have looked in the manual, can't seem to find it.

thanks

Geoff
GRT_Jeff

Re: % power?

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Yes. All of our EFIS models with engine data displays can compute percent power from RPM, manifold pressure (MAP), and altitude. The table is in SET MENU, Engine Limits, Engine Performance. You will need the engine performance chart for your engine to fill in the tables, or you may be able to use one of the precomputed tables from our web site in the EIS and Sensor documentation. Don't forget the Rated Horsepower setting above the table. If the table is valid, the percent power is automatically displayed between the MAP and RPM dials. It can also be shown in data boxes and on its own dial. If the power reads very high (above 200%), check your MAP Integer/Decimal setting in the Graphical Engine Display settings and make sure it's set to Decimal.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Just a note that the calculation is only accurate at one mixture setting. Between best power mixture and peak EGT power doesn't vary that much, but it will fall off as you go lean of peak. I nearly always run LOP, and do find the HP setting useful as I know my power is lower than that. If you really want to know power, it's reduced from peak EGT to LOP by roughly the same fraction as fuel flow is reduced.
Grahcm

Post by Grahcm »

Thanks all!

Geoff
Ed McDonald

Post by Ed McDonald »

Jeff,

With the new GRT website it appears that the engine performance tables have disappeared. Any hints on where to find them now or we are looking for the performance tables for the Lycoming IO-320-D1F engine or something similar.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Ed McDonald wrote:With the new GRT website it appears that the engine performance tables have disappeared. Any hints on where to find them now or we are looking for the performance tables for the Lycoming IO-320-D1F engine or something similar.
Here are links to all the documents. They don't appear to be linked to any page on the new site.

Percent Power Entries IO-540-K, L, M.pdf
Percent Power Entries IO360A 200 HP.pdf
Percent Power Entries Lycoming O320.pdf
Percent Power Entries O360A.pdf
Percent Power Entries Rotax912S.pdf
Percent-Power-Entries-Lycoming-O320.pdf
Power Setting Entries for Lycoming IO-390-A.pdf