Where the hell is the doc on calibrating fuel level sensors?

walkman

Where the hell is the doc on calibrating fuel level sensors?

Post by walkman »

After hours of ploughing through poorly written and incomplete documentation, and attempting to navigate to broken links and references, I'm at my limit.

Does anyone have any clue where the documentation is for calibrating resistive float-style fuel levels sensors connected to the HXr?

It is utterly beyond me that there is STILL no complete documentation for a product that has been available FOR AT LEAST 6 YEARS!!!!
Bobturner

Re: Where the hell is the doc on calibrating fuel level sens

Post by Bobturner »

Under GRT - Support - HX Setup Guide - “Fuel Data Scale” on page 6-7.
This gives you a calibration table for EIS fuel level indication vs actual fuel.
jnewsum1

Post by jnewsum1 »

GRT has a document that can be downloaded from their website that explains/details how to connect and calibrate resistive fuel senders with the EIS. It is located in the "EIS Engine Monitor" area in the "Support" section on the GRT website. The title of the document is:

"Calibrating Resistive Float-Type Fuel Senders EIS and Sport EFIS Manual Supplement"

There is another GRT document that no longer appears on the GRT website (got lost in the shuffle when they revised the website sometime back) that explains how to connect resistive fuel senders directly to a Hx or Hxr EFIS analog input, When connecting the fuel sender(s) directly to one of the analog inputs the external pull up resistor isn't needed because the pull up is internal to the EFIS unit, you just need to enable it. The doc can be found by doing a Google search on the interweb

The title of this document is:

"Calibrating Resistive Float-Type Fuel Senders with the Horizon EFIS"
walkman

Post by walkman »

Thank you. Suggest you reformat/title this for a current product, so a search and correct/fix links, and add as an addendum to docs for current products.