CO Guardian questions

RV-HXr

CO Guardian questions

Post by RV-HXr »

Hello GRT,

I just installed the CO Guardian 353P-201. It's connected to the right HXr since my left HXr serial ports are all in use. Also, my left HXr is the only EFIS with its audio output connected to my intercom.

The HXrs are connected to each other via the ethernet link. There appears to be no option to send the CO Guardian data that display link.

Questions, if I may...

1. If the CO Guardian alarms, will my left HXr indicate that to me given that the CO Guardian is connected to the right HXr?
2. If the left HXr does alarm from the CO Guardian, will it also trigger the audio alarm (0121-0123)?
3. Can I adjust the limits for the alarm trigger (CO ppm and cabin pressure)?
4. Can I show the current ppm reading on the engine data/map page?

If none of the above is possible, would you please consider adding them to a future software revision?

Thank you for your time.
GRT_Jeff

Re: CO Guardian questions

Post by GRT_Jeff »

CO Guardian data is automatically sent over the display link.

1. Yes, the left HXr alarm function will check the data from the link.
2. Yes.
3. No, the CO Guardian unit tells the HXr when its built-in limits have been exceeded. The HXr does not have any additional limits.
4. No, we don't have an option to put the CO ppm in a data box or graph. A bar graph or engine data box could be an option for future software.
RV-HXr

Re: CO Guardian questions

Post by RV-HXr »

Thank you Jeff. Much appreciated. I wasn't sure if the left HXr knew about the CO Guardian since the PPM and pressure didn't show up on the left HXr's Set Menu like it does on the right HXr's.