Squelch setting

MolsonB

Squelch setting

Post by MolsonB »

I'm looking through the Trig TY91 supplement. The last page shows you can click and hold the volume key for radio quelch setting, but I don't have that option on HXr. Just to SQL on or off.

In the display unit maintenance, the radios have receiver squelch offset, but I find that doesnt do anything and radios still pick up noise here and there.
MolsonB

Re: Squelch setting

Post by MolsonB »

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (103.32 KiB) Viewed 8265 times
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

That's an error in the manual, probably copied from the other com manuals. The TY91 doesn't have a fully adjustable squelch level like the other coms. It only has an offset adjustment in its settings.

From the TY91 installation manual:

6.2.6 Radio Squelch Offset
The receiver has a factory set nominal squelch point of approximately -95 dBm which should be appropriate for most installations. In some aircraft with noisy electrical environments, such as vintage or experimental aircraft, the factory setting may lead to nuisance squelch changes triggered by noise.
The radio squelch offset allows the installer to moderately increase the squelch set point.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

I've played around with the settings but they don't seem to do anything on either Com1 or 2. Is there any way to test this, to see if the commands are changing the device ?

TY91.1
SW 1.10
FPGA 1.0

GRT_Jeff wrote:That's an error in the manual, probably copied from the other com manuals. The TY91 doesn't have a fully adjustable squelch level like the other coms. It only has an offset adjustment in its settings.

From the TY91 installation manual:

6.2.6 Radio Squelch Offset
The receiver has a factory set nominal squelch point of approximately -95 dBm which should be appropriate for most installations. In some aircraft with noisy electrical environments, such as vintage or experimental aircraft, the factory setting may lead to nuisance squelch changes triggered by noise.
The radio squelch offset allows the installer to moderately increase the squelch set point.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The command is repeated regularly, so it can't miss it. The TY91 doesn't reply to this type of command and there's no way to request the current value. I don't know of any test procedure to confirm its squelch level has changed.