Directing data logging to specific USB drive

bsiusimpex

Directing data logging to specific USB drive

Post by bsiusimpex »

Recently, I installed Seattle Avionics Sectional onto my dual Hx Units (PFD & MFD). Each unit has 2 USB Ports (Say Port 1 & Port 2). I also collect flight data (on all my flights) following GRT's automatic data logging procedures.

Configuration #1:
With the Sectional Data in a Flash Drive in Port 1, and second Flash Drive (for data logging) in Port 2. Sectional Data will display on the EFIS accordingly. However, flight data gets recorded to Flash Drive 1 as well. Nothing on Flash Drive 2.

Configuration #2:
On the other hand, if I reverse the Flash Drive positions (Sectional Data Drive in Port 2 & Data Logging Drive in Port 1), Data Logging still gets written in Port 1, but the EFIS will not find the Sectional Data, thus no Sectional on the EFIS display.

Though Configuration #1 would work, I have to pull out the Flash Drive (where the Sectional Data is residing) to unload my flight data to my computer after each flight. I am hoping I can leave the Sectional Data Drive in place (more permanently) without pulling it out and back in after each flight. Thus posting the question: Is there a way I can direct flight data be recorded to Flash Drive in Position #2?

Thanks!
GRT_Jeff

Re: Directing data logging to specific USB drive

Post by GRT_Jeff »

No, our software currently only supports one drive. It will only access the first drive it sees and ignore additional drives.