Dual ammeter display

SimonN

Dual ammeter display

Post by SimonN »

I have installed two current sensors for my standard 60 amp alternator and 8 amp standby.

I programmed my EIS as per the CS-01 and CS-02 documents and have pinned the EIS for AUX2 and AUX3 respectively.

The problem I am having is that when I set my Sport 10.1 to display both aux2&3 as AMP and AMP2 neither displays the current. When I only display AMP (the output on AUX2) the current is displayed correctly.

Is there a limitation where only one can be displayed at a time?
Attachments
CD5E33E6-C7CE-4C73-83E0-63C96C907C5F.jpeg
CD5E33E6-C7CE-4C73-83E0-63C96C907C5F.jpeg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 4840 times
GRT_Jeff

Re: Dual ammeter display

Post by GRT_Jeff »

No, there are no limitations on using Amp and Amp2 at the same time. You would set Aux2 Function as Amp and Aux3 Function as Amp2. Then you would configure any bar graphs or data boxes to display them. Make sure no other Aux Functions are set to Amp or Amp2. If you can't find anything you can record a DEMO RECORD file so I can play it back here and investigate.
SimonN

Post by SimonN »

I have been trying to add a demo.log file, but the file type is invalid.

Looking at the log on savvy aviations site, it is showing the aux3 output and this ties in with when I had the stby alternator turned on. But I just cannot display the data.

Does the name I have in the EIS6000 have to exactly match the name I choose in the Sport EFIS?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The forum may have some limitations. E-mail the demo.log file to support@grtavionics.com as an attachment.

The inputs transfer by aux number alone. The EFIS never sees the name in the EIS. The EFIS does whatever it is told to do with the aux data by the Aux Function. Normally the only problem is when there are two inputs programmed as the exact same thing, like two functions set to "Amp" or two set to "Amp2".