GRT Dual Band ADS-B Receiver

Gary2418

GRT Dual Band ADS-B Receiver

Post by Gary2418 »

I recently purchased and installed a Grand Rapids dual band ADSB receiver. The unit is showing traffic on my iPad through the Wi-Fi output and is also showing traffic on my horizon HX EFIS on the map page but I’m getting nothing in the way of traffic showing up on my primary flight display page, and it’s my understanding that traffic should be displayed on this page as well. Can anyone explain to me why I may not be seeing traffic on the primary flight display page?
GRT_Jeff

Re: GRT Dual Band ADS-B Receiver

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Traffic would be displayed as part of the PFD 3D Synthetic Vision view if it's in front of you. Synthetic Vision mode requires heading, altitude information, and GPS position to work. The "ON" or "TERRAIN" mode must be selected on the "SV" button. "Traffic in view" must be enabled in SET MENU, Primary Flight Display. If you are missing some "SHADE" or "TERRAIN" selections, make sure "Terrain" is turned on in SET MENU, Moving map.
Gary2418

Re: GRT Dual Band ADS-B Receiver

Post by Gary2418 »

Thank you Jeff for the quick and comprehensive response. I will be following those instructions this weekend