ATIS Frequencies

sonex293

ATIS Frequencies

Post by sonex293 »

Maybe I'm missing it in the Airport data, but I can't seem to find ATIS, AWOS, etc frequencies listed. I can't remember the date on the loaded NAV.DB file..but are they in there?

==
Michael
Sonex N293SX
GRTBen

Re: ATIS Frequencies

Post by GRTBen »

Michael

You can find the frequency information on the flight plan page after selecting the airport or navaid identifier that you are looking for. You can also find them off the map page if you use the right knob to pull up the details for an airport target on the map.
GRTBen
Tech Support
GRT Avionics
jclark

Post by jclark »

GRTBen wrote:Michael

You can find the frequency information on the flight plan page after selecting the airport or navaid identifier that you are looking for. You can also find them off the map page if you use the right knob to pull up the details for an airport target on the map.
And also ...

If you have an airport as destination, the press RIGHT KNOB and the press button under "WPT DETAILS". Should be in upper right corner of screen as I recall.

James
sonex293

Post by sonex293 »

Thanks guys,

I've found the frequencies, i.e. approach, ground,tower, CTAF, etc. What I didn't see were weather related frequencies, i.e. ATIS, AWOS, ASOS, etc.

Are those frequencies included in the NAV.DB file? I looked at two nearby airports, KRDU and KTTA and didn't see any weather related frequencies. So I guess my original question should have been, "Are the Weather related frequencies in the NAV.DB file?" That's what I didn't see.....

i.e. ATIS for KRDU is 123.800 MHz, AWOS for KTTA is 120.625 MHz

==
Michael
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Our US Government source data shows KRDU 123.800 listed as D-ATIS. The D-ATIS frequencies are not currently being included as ATIS frequencies. I'll have to check into that.

KTTA AWOS 120.625 is in the current database (2013-08-22).

You can search for the nearest weather frequencies using the NEAR WTHR FREQ function. From any MAP page, push the right knob (activate the cursor), then NEAR, then WTHR FREQ.