check list

hannibal

check list

Post by hannibal »

Good Morning

I am having trouble downloading a checklist into my HX system. I have prepared the checklist on notepad program and saved it to my scandisk usb as checklist.txt, and when I try to load it nothing happens, as first it said that I nothing on the USB, I re-loading and tried again this time after pressing yes, nothing happened after 5 minutes and gave up, what am I doing wrong. I expect no answer for a week as you are all in Oshkosh.
GRT_Jeff

Re: check list

Post by GRT_Jeff »

On the HX, from the checklist page, you would push SELECT LIST, then IMPORT. At that point the display should say "Waiting for USB flash drive...". The flash drive should be detected within 20 seconds, and then the message should go away. If the lists imported correctly, the list names will be displayed with an option to "Overwrite checklists with USB imports?".

If the screen never stops saying "Waiting for USB flash drive", try rebooting it. The HX normally only takes about 10 seconds to find the USB flash drive after connecting it. The import only takes a few seconds after that.

If the "Waiting for USB flash drive" goes away, but you do not see any other messages, the display found the file but was unable to understand it. The "list" and "item" keywords in the checklist file are required for the display to find the names and items. Every list must start with a "list" line, even if you only have one list. Every list item must start with "item" and stay on one line in the file.

The simplest checklist file would be two lines:

list THIS IS THE NAME OF THE LIST
item THIS IS THE FIRST ITEM IN THE LIST

This would import as one checklist named "THIS IS THE NAME OF THE LIST" with one list item that says "THIS IS THE FIRST ITEM IN THE LIST".