partial engine information from EIS

N651RV

partial engine information from EIS

Post by N651RV »

I've been flying behind GRT for 10 years now and not a single problem however today when flying the Engine page on the SX was missing EGT, CHT and Oil Temp information. All EGT, CHT and Oil Temp was being displayed as normal on the EIS but was not being transferred to the SX. All other engine information was being displayed as normal on the SX. There is only one wire connecting the EIS to the SX so I'm puzzled as to why only partial engine information is be sent to the SX. Any help on trouble shooting would be appreciated before I start taking the panel apart.

Thanks,
Jim
Cypress, TX
RV-7A O-360 Dual P-mags, GRT Sport
GRT_Jeff

Re: partial engine information from EIS

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EIS can't send partial information. All of the information is sent all the time. What were you seeing instead? Dashes? Some other number? Dashes would mean a complete loss of communication, and all EIS data would be missing. Low/high numbers could be an accidental change to the EIS Temperature Units setting in the EFIS.
N651RV

Post by N651RV »

Hi Jeff,

That was my thinking, all information must be transmitted which is why I was puzzled. On the SX engine display there was no EGT or CHT numbers being displayed just blank bar charts, the same is for the oil temperature just an empty bar graph. I can't think of changing any settings in the set up, I was in there changing the offset to zulu time to get the local time to display correct, I may have changed something by mistake. I'll check all the settings the next time I'm at the hangar. Thanks for your help.
Jim
Cypress, TX
N651RV

Post by N651RV »

I fixed the problem, The problem was 100% self induced, When updating the nav database, I scrolled through all the settings to see if anything was obvious, the display of temperatures was set as degree C not Degree F. I changed it the last time I updated the nav database thinking it would change the OAT temp only, silly me!! anyway all sorted now, GRT system working perfect again as it always has.
Jim
Cypress, TX