Alert Messages on EFIS

bsiusimpex

Alert Messages on EFIS

Post by bsiusimpex »

I have a Dual GRT Hx, EIS and VPX system. My wiring between Hx, EIS and VPX are pretty standard per installation manuals. The system has been working together very well for ~200 flight hours. On my flight home the other day, I got a "EIS volt" AND a "VPX something" ALerts flashing on my GRT EFIS screens. The Alerts comes and goes within a few seconds, then disappear altogether. After reviewing my flight data (from GRT EFIS), I deduced it to intermittent power loss from my alternator. That would account for the 'EIS volt' Alert Message. However, the VPX alert message puzzles me. The Alert popped up so quickly that I was not able to see what it said. So, is there a set of standard Alert Messages that are used by the GRT EFIS? I do not recall having to input my own Alert Message into our system, especially VPX related. Your guidance towards the right direction to look shall be greatly appreciated!
GRT_Jeff

Re: Alert Messages on EFIS

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Yes,the EFIS has standard alerts for some equipment and that includes the VP-X. The VP-X will report a fault for overcurrent, overvoltage, short circuit, or low current and the EFIS will display this. If you were able to push MSG and get the longer alert it would have told you the reason. The VP-X resets some important devices automatically.
bsiusimpex

Re: Alert Messages on EFIS

Post by bsiusimpex »

Thank you Jeff!