Horizon 10.1 install

New in 2019 this product is called the "10.1" after its screen size and is available in Horizon and Sport feature sets. This is not to be confused with an HXr although it shares similar features and graphics.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Horizon 10.1 install

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EFIS (10.1 in your case) and EIS have separate warnings. If you have a Remote EIS (R66) then the EIS warning light is about low oil pressure only. If you have an EIS with LCD then the warning light activates for all of the limits configured in its menu. There is no cross-communication about limits or warnings with the EFIS.

The EFIS activates the warning light for the alarms in its own menus, and additional alarms like obstacles and serial input failures.

Typically in a panel with both an EFIS and EIS, the EFIS is used for all alarms, and the EIS is sometimes used as a backup oil pressure alarm since it boots quickly. Some panels have a warning light only for the low oil pressure from the EIS because the flashing warning graphics on the EFIS screen are good enough for everything else.
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

They’re pretty much duplicates. The efis will flash red to alert you to an issue, pretty hard to miss, so I just hooked up the red warning light to the EIS. I also set different limits, e.g., efis flashes red the cht scale if it exceeds 420 F; EIS turns the red light on if CHT exceeds 430 F. So if the efis display flashes red, I know I have fix something. If the red light comes on, I need to do something NOW. The EIS will also flash the red light if the auto timer reaches zero. I use mine to auto-count down 30 minutes, as a reminder to switch tanks. The first time it counted down to zero and flashed the red light, I nearly had a heart attack, as I thought there was a serious problem. GRT, any way to bring the timer (only) signal out, so I could hook it up to a yellow light?
minnimo65757

Post by minnimo65757 »

Can the SafeFly module be configured to output 9600 baud Aviation/Map signal?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

minnimo65757 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm Can the SafeFly module be configured to output 9600 baud Aviation/Map signal?
The EFIS can send out Aviation format through a Safe-Fly port by configuring the port as "Autopilot (Aviation)", assuming the Safe-Fly control interface is active. The Safe-Fly can't send out Aviation data by itself, the EFIS has to provide the data.

The EFIS can send "Autopilot (Aviation)" from any of its ports or the Safe-Fly ports. Only one port can be configured this way.
minnimo65757

Post by minnimo65757 »

I have my comm radios wired up and they are communicating with my 10.1 EFIS. The serial port is programmed and the counter is recording an increase. However I can't change the frequency from the PFD. I can change the channels on the screen but it does nothing to the radios and I can change the channels on the radios and it does nothing to the channels on the screen. Is there some setting I need to set or activate in order to get the remote tuning from the PFD to work?