Mini-AP Wiring Diagrams and pinouts

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
txshan130

Mini-AP Wiring Diagrams and pinouts

Post by txshan130 »

Hey Guys,

Just got my Mini-AP last week in the mail...it's a thing of beauty for sur, but there seem to be a bunch of changes since March 2014 when the last wiring diagram and pinouts were posted. Would you guys post a new one so that I can get it installed. I'm kind of afraid to wire anything at the moment. Off the top of my head, I know the aux batt, ARINC429 and serial ports are different since the original wiring diagram was posted. So here are a few things to address:

1- Mini DB 15 still shows A1, A2, A5, A6 as serial ports. I think the ARINC 429 now has one of those? Or does the ARINC429 just get connected to the Mini via serial port?
2- ARINC429 module has 2 DB9 connectors whereas the pinout only shows 1 DB9 connector
3- ARINC429 module has a BL wire and a RED wire coming out of it with no power leads listed on the pinout???
4- Any power inputs to the aux batt or is all the wiring internal?

Thanks for the help...I'm sure all these questions will be answered by posting the new pinouts and wiring diagrams :-)

- Brian
Marc

Re: Mini-AP Wiring Diagrams and pinouts

Post by Marc »

Hello Brian,

I updated the Mini-AP wiring diagram. Press CTRL - F5 to force a reload of the website page if you are seeing the old page.

Also see the ARINC-429 Module documentation. It is a pdf named External ARINC Module Wiring on the GRT Miscellaneous Documentation page. Ignore serial port 4 and sport EFIS labels and replace with Serial port 2 and Mini-AP.

To setup the ARINC, In Set Menu > General Setup, find and select "ARINC Module Connected." Scroll until until is says "Yes, Port 2" if Serial port 2 is where ARINC Module is located. Then serial port 2 will be relocated to the Remote ARINC-429 module on the DB-9 pins 8 and 9. With the serial port passed through, simply setup the serial port 2 as you normally would.

The original plan was to have a DB-9 connector coming out where the battery is located. The battery design eventually pushed out the internal ARINC-429 option to the external ARINC module.

-Marc Robertson