Landing Gear Voice Alert

jbasol

Landing Gear Voice Alert

Post by jbasol »

I noticed in the voice alert pack that there is an alert for 'Landing Gear". I can find no documentation on setting up such an alert though. Can someone point me to the documentation for this?

Thanks!

-John Basol
jclark

Re: Landing Gear Voice Alert

Post by jclark »

If you need an alert for Lansding Gear right now, here is what I **think** you need to do.

create a .wav file named "alarm0124" and in it put the message ( your ".wav" file of whatever you want said about the gear).

I would expect that further documentation will be forthcoming as it gets further testing.

If this does not work at the moment, please do NOT hold me responsible. :-)

Hope this helps.

James
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

And so after naming said file as you describe, it is automatically played when what input is triggered? In other words how is it going to know that Analog 8 is my gear warning? I can find no documentation that says "name your input as such", or "set your gear warning input here".
jclark

Post by jclark »

I think that I was WRONG.

I think that I made a mistake.

Will research more and report back.

Sorry about that.

James
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The landing gear alert was added for future use. It is not currently triggered by anything.
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Is there a way to trigger this alert yet?

-John
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Any update on triggering the Landing Gear voice alert? It would be a great safety add.

-John
60-Driver

Post by 60-Driver »

+1 for an answer. I have a Horizon 10.1 and was hoping there was a way to configure the analog port settings so it triggers an aural voice alert when a certain parameter is set like airspeed. For example, entering a 'trigger' airspeed value (e.g. 50 kts) into the setup menu and assigning an analog port to receive voltage from one of the landing gear sensors/gear indicator lights. Fly below that airspeed + no sensed voltage = aural alert/warning.

Is this possible? Or at least available in the near future?
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We have had many requests for landing gear alerts recently so I have moved it up the priority list as the next feature to work on. We are currently working on some production issues and then we can get back to that.